Wednesday January 11 2012

Just another storm.

Updated:
9:30 P.M. Wednesday January 11, 2012

Welcome to Kingston Snows!!

School Forecast For:
Thursday January 12, 2012
Two-Hour Delay Cancellation Early Dismissal
10%
0%
0%

9:30PM Update:
As of 9:30PM I have decided to lower probabilities.
Current temperatures in Kingston are running a degree or two above forecast. In addition, after monitoring current radar trends, it appears that the back edge of the steady precipitation may move through the region between 5AM and 7AM. Showers may linger through the rest of the morning, but the bulk of the precipitation should be through by 7AM or 8AM.

That being said,isolated slick spots are still possible tomorrow morning.

A second separate system will bring another round of rain showers Friday morning. This system will be all rain. There is a slight chance of snow showers Friday night.

I will have full update on the next several days tomorrow around noon.


6:00PM Update:
After toying with lowering probabilities, I have decided to leave them as they are, mainly due to the fact that any slick conditions that do develop will occur between 5AM and 8AM. I will have a brief update by 10PM.
A delay is possible Thursday morning, but not likely.

Temperatures for tonight's storm are forecast to run a degree or two higher than forecast this morning. Temperatures are now forecast just reach the freezing mark for a few hours early Thursday morning.

Rain showers will move into the region around midnight tonight.
Rain may mix with snow and sleet prior to 5AM.

The overnight low of 32 degrees will occur between 5AM and 7AM.
We will likely see a change over to sleet or freezing rain during this time.
Accumulations will be nearly non-existent in the immediate Kingston area, but the more snow-prone areas out towards Tillson and Rifton may see slick conditions develop.

Frozen precipitation will transition back over to plain rain showers by 8AM. Rain showers will taper off by noon.

A winter weather advisory is still in effect from midnight tonight until noon Thursday, citing that areas may see a coating of ice "here and there," and any ice accretion warrants an an advisory. There is the potential for slick conditions during the morning commute.

After toying with lowering probabilities, I have decided to leave them as they are, mainly due to the fact that any slick conditions that do develop will occur between 5AM and 7AM. I will have a brief update by 10PM.
A delay is possible Thursday morning, but not likely.

Next Update:
By 10PM Wednesday.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License